Baycrest’s Rotman Research Institute (RRI) is home to world-renowned scientists who discover and explore potential predictors and targeted interventions for neurodegenerative diseases.
Below is a list of scientists who were recognized for their contributions this past year:
- Founding Director, Dr. Donald Stuss, and Associate Scientist, Dr. Ellen Bialystok, were named Officers of the Order of Canada, one of Canada’s highest civilian honours.
- Associate Scientist, Dr. Shayna Rosenbaum, was selected by an international committee of scientists for the prestigious International Neuropsychological Society Early Career Research Award.
- Pioneer and senior scientist, Dr. Fergus Craik, was inducted into the American Academy of Arts & Sciences as a foreign honorary member and joined the world’s most accomplished scholars, scientists, writers and artists.
- Special issue of prominent peer-reviewed journal, Neuropsychologia, honoured senior scientist and Max and Gianna Glassman Chair in Neuropsychology and Aging, Dr. Morris Moscovitch, featuring articles written by more than 70 of his graduate students and post-doctoral fellows.
- Clinician Scientist, Dr. Nasreen Khatri, was recognized as one of Ontario’s “leading women” as a recipient of Ontario’s 2016 Leading Women, Building Communities Award.